Author- Ryan Harris SSA Promotions
The following four series have come to a premature end:
• Steering & Suspension Warehouse Modified Sedan Series
• Fox Shocks Labs Australia Production Sedan Series
• Immortal Rollcages Street Stock Series
• SSA Junior Sedan 5 Star Series
The committee of Charlton Raceway Inc (The Toowoomba club members association) that co-ordinate all SSA Sedan events at Hi-Tec Oils Toowoomba Speedway have decided to call all four series a non-events and therefore cancel this season’s trophy dinner.
After adopting the stance that many other well regarded tracks and associations around the country have taken, the committee has decided to make this year’s events null and void. For drivers, this means that no series prize money or prizes will be paid out. However, the club is very excited to announce that all four sponsors are back on again for next season, therefore 100% of the series prize money including all the prizes, will be re-allocated to next season when all events are re-run.
In addition to this, the club has also decided to extend the club membership for all current Charlton Raceway Inc members by 12 months for FREE. So for any current member (social, competitor or junior competitor) will have their club membership automatically extended at NO CHARGE until 30 June 2021. New members will be still welcomed to join.
This was a very tough decision to make, however with so much uncertainty about the future landscape of Speedway post COVID-19 and what that will mean for crowd numbers, prize money and how events are conducted this was the very best outcome. On top of this, given that so many businesses will not have surplus funds to sponsor events and club championships like this, the committee’s decision ensures when racing re-commences at Hi-Tec Oils Toowoomba Speedway, Modified Sedans, Production Sedans, Street Stocks and Junior Sedans will all have blue ribbon track series with excellent series payouts.
On behalf of the executive committee of Charlton Raceway Inc, we’d sincerely like to thank all the drivers for their support during this unpredicted season and thank all drivers for their understanding regarding this very difficult decision the club had to make.
Thanks again to the following sponsors for their ongoing support through these tough times and for being so agile to move their financial commitment to the following season to ensure sedan racing continues to grow and prosper in Toowoomba:
• Steering & Suspension Warehouse (Dennis & Jodie Bullpitt)
• Fox Shocks Labs Australia (Rowen Shilleto)
• Immortal Rollcages (Jarrod & Sarah Peacock)
• Speedway Sedans Australia
• 2019/20 track series are all null and void
• There will be no trophy dinner this season
• All current members will have membership extended for FREE next season
• New members/drivers will be able to join the club and take part in any one of the series
• All series will be back with same sponsors and series prizes / payout in 2020/21.
• All series will start again from 0 points.
Note – this release has been emailed to all club members.